Historic Motor Racing – The Goodwood Revival
A Historic Motor Racing Meet
- What: Wheel to wheel racing of historic cars and motorcycles from the 1940s and 50s at the historic Goodwood RacetrackWhen: 3 days in late September
- Where: Goodwood Park, Chicester, West Sussex
- Admission: Various prices. Tickets available online or by Email
If you love classic cars and getting retro, the Goodwood Revival is for you. This annual event, the world’s largest historic motor race meeting, celebrates the glory days of the Goodwood Motor Circuit.
Between 1948 and 1966, Goodwood was the main motor racing track in the UK, hosting major events, including Formula 1. The circuit, restored and maintained, is unchanged since its heyday and the Goodwood Revival keeps up the illusion. Everything on site during the event is rigorously within period. That means:
- Cars and motorcycles that compete must date from between 1948 and 1966
- Aircraft displayed on site is pre-1966
- Participants dress in the fashions of the period of their vehicles and spectators are strongly encouraged to dress in period as well. A list of retro fashion suppliers is listed on the website.
- Even the catering features foods and drinks that would have been popular between 1948 and 1966.